At the Churchill Club Dinner some prominent VCs made the following predictions:
- Customer data stored by different service providers will be combined to create more intelligent services.
- Oil will have increasing difficulty competing with biofuels made from cheap nonfood crops for transportation.
- Water technology will replace abating global warming as a global priority.
- The mobile device industry's migration to smart phones will produce great disruption for big industry players.
- Booming market for healthy aging technologies.
- Four-fifths of the world population will carry mobile Internet devices within five to 10 years.
- Algorithms will be constructed to develop new industrial chemicals, new biofuels and eventually artificial intelligence.
- The mobile phone is your most important device.
- There is going to be a venture capital shakeout.
- Within five years everything that matters to you will be available on a device that fits on your belt or in your purse
Or, a solar iPhone that improves your health and does your web surfing for you is the next killer product.